Children First is a non-profit preschool where parents and teachers cooperate to provide care and education of uncompromising quality for young children.
- explore their passions and begin to realize their unique potential
- form joyful and enduring friendships with children and adults
- practice cooperation in a lively, caring and peaceful community
- connect with nature and come to feel at home outdoors
- represent their evolving understanding of themselves and the world with a rich variety of expressive languages
- see themselves reflected, day after day, in the eyes of adults who deeply respect and appreciate them
Children First is featured in the March/April 2014 issue of Exchange, a journal supporting early childhood professionals worldwide in their efforts to craft thriving environments for children and adults. See the article "A Graduation Story" by Donna King.
Children First was featured in the November 2012 issue of Exchange, a journal supporting early childhood professionals worldwide in their efforts to craft thriving environments for children and adults. See the article "Helping Children and Families Develop a Sense of Belonging" by Donna King. Also, see a longer version of the article that includes more examples from the classroom, and more words from Children First parents and kids.
Children First is also featured in a recent edition of NAEYC's journal for practitioners, "Teaching Young Children."